The Korean Cultural Center New York and the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea invites submissions for a 2016 slogan (or motto) that reflects the core of our mission and expanded programs, as well as the broader scope of Korean culture and creative contents.
We are seeking a remarkable, powerful, and memorable phrase that captures the essence of our goals of providing the opportunity for top Korean cultural contents to become known and established in New York, the hub of world.
YOUR slogan will be used alongside our formal programming, included in our newsletters, emails, brochures, press materials, and more!
"Reinventing our 5000 years of history, we need to create new values added to our cultural industry; and with this, improving positive US-Korea relations as well as upgrading Korea's image to the highest status."
- President Park Geun-hye of the Republic of Korea
With New York as the cultural base for global cultural and economic development, we want a NEW slogan/motto that reflects our re-visioning of Korean contents.
- Deadline for submitting entries: December 21st, 2015 to January 10th, 2016
- The winner will be announced January 14th and notified via email.
- The contest is open to single or groups of entrants worldwide of all ages.
- Several entries are allowed per person or group.
(Multiple entries do not affect your chances of winning)
- The entry must be in English.
- Maximum word count is ten. All entries over 10 words will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner of the contest will receive an award of $1,000 (in the form of a cash card). The winning entry will be then used in all promotional materials for the Korean Cultural Center and its partnered events.
- Two runners up will receive $500 each (in the form of a cash card) and entries may be in used in part for promotional purposes.
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
- Effectiveness: captures the essence, vision, and identity of the Korean Cultural Center
- Clarity: clearly communicates the mission of the Korean Cultural Center
- Actionable: reinforces the Korean Cultural Center’s call-to-action in 2016
- Personable: Creates a sense of relationship and evokes an emotional response
- Must be aligned (or able to link with) the concept of “Korean culture” or “Korean contents” (for example, “Disney: Where Dreams Come True” or “Coca Cola: Open Happiness”)
- The entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10th, 2016 before midnight (11:59 p.m. EST).
All entries must include your full name, city (and state, if applicable) and country of residence, phone number, email, and brief explanation of the submission. We may be in contact with the entrant for more information as needed.
Inaugurated in 1979, the Korean Cultural Center New York is a branch of the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism (MCST) of the Republic of Korea. Under the authority of the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in New York, we work to promote cultural arts exchange and stimulate interest in Korean culture through our various programs. KCSNY provides diverse activities including exhibitions, concerts, film festivals, and educational programs.
By submitting an entry, entrants acknowledge and accept that all entries become the property of the Korean Cultural Center New York; the Korean Cultural Center New York and its partners may utilize and publicize the selected entry for promotional purposes without any financial remuneration. Entries will be judged based on criteria determined by the Korean Cultural Center New York and the decision of the judges, which shall be final, is binding and conclusive on all matters. Employees and those affiliated with the Korean Cultural Center New York may apply, but monetary awards will not apply.